Spex Expressions - Buyer BeWare!!!

Dekalb, Illinois 2 comments

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!

by asampson914 at Citysearch

Dr. Frank recommended trifocals for me, $450-$550 for just the lenses. One portion for reading, one for viewing computer monitors, and one for driving. Additionally he performs a $40 eye exam on his patients, UNLESS they verbally opt out.

I felt I needed to get a second opinion. The second doctor found exactly the same results as Dr. Frank. However, explained that I only needed reading glasses or bifocals. I was given four options to correct my vision costing anywhere from $10-450, the higher end price included the exam and frames.

I called Dr. Frank back requesting a refund for the bogus treatment and recommendation he had given me. I explained that I was on a limited income to which Dr. Frank responded by saying that he never recommends a progressive lens to anyone on Medicare, Medicaid or on a limited income.

Dr. Frank, in my opinion, is biased and his sales practice is unethical. He seems more concerned with the bottom line than with what is best for his patients.

Review about: Eye Care.

Comments

asampson914

Since my visit with Dr.Frank of Spex Expressions, he and I have resolved any and all differences between us.

He was very courteous and friendly during this time which is why I chose to remove my complaint. I have e-mailed multiple requests, to pissedcustomer.com and mailed a notarized letter requesting the removal of my complaint (per their FAQ page), and still no response.

It is unfortunate for companies such as Spex Expression's that negative comments, once resolved, cannot be removed.Use caution before posting a complaint.

We're very sorry you had an experience with Spex Expressions that did not meet your expectations.It's feedback from patients like you that help us to improve our practice as well as our business.

We would like to clarify just a couple of points. You came to our office complaining of blurred vision, both near and far. You stated you needed to be able to read clearly, view a computer screen with accuracy and drive safely -- all three different focal lengths for your vision. The $40 testing procedure -- which is always thoroughly explained to our patients and completely optional -- is used to detect medical issues that may be affecting your vision.

As your needs were for clear vision at a variety of focal lengths, the medical test helped to get you into the best prescription. As you said in a letter, we are focused on "quality" with our patients, though it's also true we're very attuned to financial needs as well. There were alternatives that would have met your budget, though without as good of vision quality. In the end, our patients are the most important part of our practice and we are again sorry your experience was not 100%.

We would be happy to discuss the situation further if you would like to call Dr.Frank or visit our office for a private, inperson discussion.